Welcome to my blog!

I have always loved to bake - mostly because I can follow instructions and recipes, and I have had good luck with my turnout. But, more recently, I have learned the joy of cooking. I love trying out new recipes, and I like to play with recipes to accommodate my finicky tastes.


I find inspiration in the healthy blogging community. I wanted to start a blog to share the recipes I have tried with you, but I also want to share with you my healthy living goals, plans, and actions in hopes to inspire some of you as well.

I love feedback, so please leave me comments, suggestions, and questions.

I hope you enjoy my blog!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

My day so far...

Happy Thursday.  I can't belive it is Thursday already.  I love short weeks...

This morning I got up at 5:20 a.m. - 10 minutes before the alarm!  The sun was shining in the window.  I love spring!  First thing this morning I did the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout.  Then I ate breakfast.  I wasn't sure what I wanted for breakfast today, so I took the easy route and poured myself a bowl of Mom's Best Natural Toasted Wheat-fulls with skim milk and ate a banana.  After breakfast I did a Cindy Whitmarsh Incredible Abs video, hit the shower, and got ready for work.  While I was getting ready, I noshed on some raw organic sunflower seeds - mmmmm. 

I left for work at 7:30 (oops, I was a little late for work).  For a mid-morning snack, I had some Harvarti cheese and a bowl of cooked yellow and orange carrots from TJs. 

Lunch today was a concoction (I love my little concoctions) of steamed broccoli and broccoli sprouts, ground turkey, cooked bulgur, and crushed red pepper flakes.  I always have to finish off with something sweet, so I had a bowl of TJs frozen very cherry blend mixed berries - dethawed.

I am headed off for a little break from work, but when I get back I will have some celery and string cheese - my usual afternoon carb/protein snack, and some grapefruit. 

I am volunteering at the food shelf tonight so I packed my lunch.  In the lunch bag is a grilled boneless skinless chicken breast leftover from last night, cooked green split peas, and mashed cauliflower.  I will mix that all together, heat it up, add some lime juice, and some Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning.  Not sure what is on the menu for dessert tonight.  I am thinking maybe some dark chocolate covered almonds?  Oh yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment