Welcome to my blog!

I have always loved to bake - mostly because I can follow instructions and recipes, and I have had good luck with my turnout. But, more recently, I have learned the joy of cooking. I love trying out new recipes, and I like to play with recipes to accommodate my finicky tastes.


I find inspiration in the healthy blogging community. I wanted to start a blog to share the recipes I have tried with you, but I also want to share with you my healthy living goals, plans, and actions in hopes to inspire some of you as well.

I love feedback, so please leave me comments, suggestions, and questions.

I hope you enjoy my blog!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Lazy Way Chicken Tacos

I am feeling extremely lazy this chilly Friday, and I didn't really have any plans for dinner, so I just threw an 8 ounce chicken breast in the slow cooker this morning, covered it with 2 ounces chopped green chiles, a quarter cup of water, and a tablespoon of my homemade taco seasoning:

1 Tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
and a few shakes of crushed red pepper flakes

Stir it up, and store it in an airtight container.  Three tablespoons equals one packet of store-bought taco seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment