Welcome to my blog!

I have always loved to bake - mostly because I can follow instructions and recipes, and I have had good luck with my turnout. But, more recently, I have learned the joy of cooking. I love trying out new recipes, and I like to play with recipes to accommodate my finicky tastes.


I find inspiration in the healthy blogging community. I wanted to start a blog to share the recipes I have tried with you, but I also want to share with you my healthy living goals, plans, and actions in hopes to inspire some of you as well.

I love feedback, so please leave me comments, suggestions, and questions.

I hope you enjoy my blog!

Friday, June 3, 2011

TGIF

It finally feels like summer out there (I live in the Twin Cities Metro)!  It is a steamy 90 degrees out today.  It stormed earlier but the sun is shining through haze now.  I love it!  Last night when I got home I made a delicious parfait with Chobani greek yogurt, crushed shredded wheat, raw sunflower seeds, and some TJs frozen very cherry blend - dethawed. 

This morning I woke up at my usual 5:30 a.m.  I was hungry right away so I poured myself a quick bowl of shredded wheat with skim milk.  I did two Denise Austin Daily Dozen videos then ate some greek yogurt with a cup of fresh cherries.  When I got to work I had an orange and for a morning snack I had string cheese and celery and a handful of raw sunflower seeds. 

Lunch was a grilled chicken breast on an Ezekiel english muffin with a mini babybel and broccoli sprouts.  For an afternoon snack, I had some baby carrots and a sliver of harvarti cheese.

I have no idea what I will be having for dinner tonight.  I am usually much more organized than this, but I went out of town for Memorial Weekend and haven't done much grocery shopping since I have been back and didn't do a meal plan for the week.  I love making meal plans and feel lost when I don't have one in place.  I usually end up making a mish-mash of a meal and then am not as satisfied so I munch after dinner.

I am looking forward to starting the weekend!  Tomorrow is the first day of the farmer's market in the City I live in.  I plan to run down there and have my husband meet me with the car so I don't have to walk or run with veggies!  It is about two miles from my house to the farmer's market.  It isn't supposed to be as humid tomorrow.  After the farmer's market trip, my husband and I are going to powerwash the deck to prepare it for re-staining.  Yippy! 

Happy Friday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment